Getting you back Into action!
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery provides state-of-the-art treatment in all fields of Orthopedic Surgery.
The doctors, in various sub-specialties, are well-qualified and trained both in India & internationally.
The Department provides world-class quality and culture in all aspects of hospital operations, at Indian costs.
When suffering from back pain, whether from a fall, lifting something too heavy or age-related changes, one wants both relief and the best treatment available. Our specialists are trained in complex spine procedures, including surgery for scoliosis and cervical spine problems. They are skilled at performing the least invasive surgeries, which can mean a shorter hospital stay and faster, less painful recovery.
Arthroscopy and Sports Injuries
Arthroscopy and Sports Injuries is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used to treat a variety of injuries in young active age group and in athletes. Arthroscopy allows a surgeon to access the joint via several small incisions rather than a large incision during open surgery, and allows for faster recovery times for patients. Common conditions managed are femoroacetabular impingement, Rotator Cuff tears, ACL and PCL injuries etc.
Pediatric Orthopedics provides surgical and non-surgical treatment for conditions affecting children. Rainbow Hospital specialises in treating babies and children with congenital, developmental and acquired musculoskeletal conditions such as limb and spine deformities noted at birth or later in life (clubfoot, scoliosis, limb length differences) and gait abnormalities (limping).
Trauma and Accident Surgery
Trauma and Accident Surgery encompasses management of simple and complex fractures, including polytrauma, pelvis and acetabular surgeries. Rainbow Hospital aspires to be the ultimate referral centre for Trauma of all severities, for the entire state and beyond. A helipad facility on the roof helps expedite transportation of critically ill patients and expert staff.
Joint Replacement entails replacement of the damaged and dysfunctional joint with artificial material called Prosthesis. Rainbow Hospital specializes in simple and complex knee and hip joint replacement surgeries performed for arthritis arising due to various conditions.
- Ultra-clean operation theatre environment
- Clean Air technology
- Latest world-class equipment
- Highly experienced professionals
- Pre and post-operative care area
- Developmental Dysplasia of Hip
- Perthes Disease
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Limp and Gait Disorders
- Congenital and Developmental
- Pediatric Trauma
- Anterior Cruciate Injuries
- Posterior Cruciate Injuries
- Meniscal Injuries
- Collateral Ligament Injuries
- Cartilage Injuries (Osteochondral Defects)
- Ligament Injury around Ankle and Elbow
- Cervical Spondylosis with/without
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Occipito-Cervical Instability
- Atlanto- Axial Instability
- Basilar Invagination
- Tuberculosis Of Spine (Pott’s Spine)
- Fracture Spine
- Osteoporotic Fracture of Spine
- Traumatic Fracture Spine
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Septic Arthritis
- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Recurrent Dislocation Of Shoulder
- SLAP Lesion
- Long Bone Fractures
- Dislocation of Joints
- Simple and Complex Articular Fractures
- Pelvi Acetabular Trauma
- Thoracic Disc Herniation With Myelopathy
- Disc Prolapse
- Foot Drop
- Degenerative Osteoarthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis
Metabolic Bone Disease
- Crystal Deposition Disease
- Tennis Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hallux Valgus
In order to help diagnose a person’s condition, the orthopedist will:
- ask about the person’s symptoms
- review the person’s medical record to gather more information about their medical history and overall health
- carry out a physical examination
- review any X-rays conducted before the appointment
The orthopedist may also order additional diagnostic tests. These may include:
- an MRI scan
- a CT scan
- a bone scan
- an ultrasound
- nerve conduction studies
- blood tests